Helping Small Businesses Grow
With WordPress Website Design
Having the Right Website Will:
Show that you’re a legitimate professional business
Help you get new clients by being your 24/7 sales person
Give you a place (that you own!) to send prospective clients from social media
Homebody Digital Provides:
Wordpress Website Design & Development
You’re ready to get your first website! Or the one you have could use some serious help.
You should have a website that you’re proud to send prospective clients to.
I build websites that look great but also come with basic SEO and use conversion based design principles.
Your Website Will Include:
- A customized WordPress theme
- Copywriting for all pages of the site
- Contact form
- Mobile responsiveness (the site will look good on mobile devices)
- Basic SEO (keyword research, proper heading hierarchy, title tags, meta descriptions, custom permalinks, submit sitemap to Google Search Console)
- Two rounds of revisions for design changes
- Domain email setup
- Analytics tool setup
- A personalized video explaining how to maintain your website
Investment: starting at $700 – price depends on the functionality of the website and the number of pages
There Are Some Other Costs Associated With Maintaining a Website That You Should Be Aware Of:
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
I think of the domain name as the address for your website. It’s the www.yourcompanyname.com. This can be purchased through different companies like GoDaddy or Namecheap and needs to be renewed every year. Prices can range from just a couple of dollars per year up through thousands, it just depends on the name you pick.
If the domain name is the address of your site, the hosting is kind of like the land you’re building it on. There are many different hosting companies out there, but from what I’ve learned, you get what you pay for, so don’t skimp on this! I prefer Flywheel or Siteground. Their prices start at about $13.00 per month.
A theme is like a pre-built template with design elements already in place. I use the Divi theme but am also open to using others.
An SSL certificate allows data on your site to be encrypted during transmission and makes visitors feel more secure. You can tell if a site has an SSL certificate because you’ll see a little padlock in the top left corner in the browser bar. Some hosting providers (like Siteground) give this for free with their hosting plans.
Plugins are basically extra code that you add to your site to make it do more things. You can definitely build a great site without paying for plugins, but just know that if you want to add more functionality to your website in the future you might be looking at paying. The costs can be a one-time charge or a recurring charge.
Stock photography isn’t required, in fact I believe that it’s best to have your own images to put on your site, however it is always an option if you don’t have your own photos or need to supplement what you have. There are also free stock images available.
Maintenance is necessary on a WordPress site to keep it from breaking or being hacked. It involves running updates to software, themes and plugins. It’s definitely something that you can do yourself if you’re tech-savvy, or you can pay monthly for a website professional to do it for you.
How Does It Work?
- First, lets have a conversation so I can learn about your needs.
- Then I’ll send you a proposal to review.
- If we decide to move forward we’ll have a strategy call so I can learn more about your business and prepare to write the copy.
- Once the copy is done you’ll have a chance to review and sign off on it.
- Next, we’ll dig into the design side of your project, either with a phone call or through a questionnaire.
- You’ll provide me with the images you want on the site.
- I’ll design your homepage and show it to you, so we know we’re on the right track.
- I’ll make any revisions you want done and finish the rest of the pages on site.
- Then you’ll have a chance to review the rest of the pages for revisions.
- I’ll do a bunch of technical stuff to make your website launch!
- I’ll make you a personalized video that shows you how to maintain your website.
- You enjoy your website and show it off to everyone you know!
A Happy Client!
Working with Ellen is a gift. She is detail oriented without being overwhelming. Ellen’s professional skill is apparent by her extensive knowledge and willingness to go above and beyond. She is a joy to work with. Thank you Ellen!